Saturday, November 1, 2008

Articles for you

Thought some of you may enjoy reading these articles. Both have been widely circulated, so you may already be familiar with them. They were forwarded to me this past summer, about 6 weeks after Luke died, and I found them to be very encouraging. Hope you enjoy them!

Josh Hamilton plays major league baseball for the Texas Rangers. In the linked article, which appeared in ESPN The Magazine last year, he shares stories about his personal life and battle with addiction, his playing career, and his victory in Jesus.

Tony Snow is the former White House press secretary for (current) President Bush. He died of colon cancer July 12, 2008. He wrote the linked article for Christianity Today about one year before he was called home.

1 comment:

sheila said...

Those were good articles.

Tony Snow:
Through such trials, God bids us to choose: Do we believe, or do we not? Will we be bold enough to love, daring enough to serve, humble enough to submit, and strong enough to acknowledge our limitations? Can we surrender our concern in things that don't matter so that we might devote our remaining days to things that do?

I think I may print this section out to remind myself, do I do these things?

What is man that Thou art mindful of him? We don't know much, but we know this: No matter where we are, no matter what we do, no matter how bleak or frightening our prospects, each and every one of us, each and every day, lies in the same safe and impregnable place—in the hollow of God's hand.

I really, really needed this reminder. God's hand, loving, gentle and kind. To be in God's hand... Thank you.

Josh Hamilton:
But if I hadn't gone through all the hard times, this whole story would be just about baseball.

I was just thinking last week, God how can you get the glory in my situation? I guess Josh Hamilton just reminded me: Nothing is hopeless.

God Bless you and your family abundantly. In God's Love, sheila